Levitate, by Jewelry Creations - a New Collection of Lab Grown Diamond Jewelry

Levitate, by Jewelry Creations

We can’t tell you how many times we’ve had someone come in and describe their perfect diamond, only to find out that it would cost more than their budget allows. This can be such a bummer. But at Jewelry Creations, we are your diamond experts! So it’s our job to investigate options, educate ourselves and offer you, our customer, ALL the options. Don’t worry, we still go to Antwerp, Belgium to pick from the best-cut diamonds in the world and we believe there is nothing like the rarity of a natural, mined diamond. But now you can also select a lab-grown diamond for significantly less money.

What is a Lab Grown Diamond?

Lab-grown diamonds are similar to natural diamonds in the physical, chemical, and optical properties, the only difference is in the origin. Lab-grown diamonds are created using advanced technology that includes High Pressure-High Temperature (HPHT) and Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD). The other big difference between lab-grown diamonds and mined diamonds are in the price. You will typically spend 25-30% less on lab-grown diamonds.

Two lab grown diamonds

What is the difference between a lab-grown diamond and a diamond mined from the earth?

Both types of diamonds are made of a single element: carbon. On average, a diamond is typically 99.95% pure carbon. The other 0.05% can include one or more trace elements, or impurities, which are atoms that aren’t part of the diamond’s essential chemistry. In nature, less than 2% of the world’s mined diamonds are almost or entirely devoid of impurities. These extremely rare flawless or internally flawless diamonds are very valuable and expensive. Because of the controlled methods used to make them, all white and pink lab-grown diamonds fall into this category.

What are the benefits of owning a lab-grown diamond?

Lab-grown diamonds from Jewelry Creations are from a guaranteed origin with full disclosure and are guaranteed to be conflict-free. They are proudly grown in a technologically advanced facility using modest amounts of energy.

Perhaps the greatest benefit to owning a lab-grown diamond is the purchase price – typically a third of the cost of a natural diamond. So for those buyers looking to purchase the largest diamond they can and on a budget – this is a great alternative.

Do lab-grown diamonds look different than mined diamonds?

Lab-grown diamonds are identical to mined diamonds in their makeup, their performance, and their looks. The only difference is their origin and the price.

Two necklaces and a tennis braceley

How will I know if I’m buying a lab-grown diamond or not?

At Jewelry Creations, our diamonds are clearly marked so you will know which ones are lab-grown and which ones are not. Lab-grown diamonds come with reports (certificates) from leading independent gemological labs just as mined diamonds sometimes do. The unique report number of each certified diamond is laser-inscribed on the girdle of the stone. We are experienced in buying, selling, and working on lab-grown diamonds, so you can feel comfortable buying one from us.

And we have invested in a state-of-the-art diamond tester that is guaranteed to recognize lab-grown diamonds. Every diamond we receive here at Jewelry Creations is tested using this technology.

Is buying a lab-grown diamond considered a good investment?

This is unknown when purchasing a lab-grown diamond. Unlike natural diamonds that have a decades-long history of sustaining (and increasing) value, lab-grown diamonds are just too new to the market to truly know how the value will sustain. Future trade-up value and resale value should be strongly considered when making the decision to purchase natural vs. lab-grown.

Do lab-grown diamonds need special handling?

No. It is still a diamond, so it has the same hardness and can be used in jewelry using the same methods as a mined diamond. It will not wear any differently; you would use the same precautions with it as you would with any other diamond.

What options are available in lab-grown diamonds?

Lab-grown diamonds are available in all shapes and sizes from melee up to 5 carats and above, all ranges on the color scale and all clarities. In addition, lab-grown diamonds can occur in natural fancy colors such as pink and yellow. Because they grow in the same way as a diamond grows in the earth, the rough comes in varying grades just like naturally occurring diamonds. Trained diamond sorters separate gem-quality diamonds from industrial quality diamonds.

Still Have Questions?

If you have any other questions about lab-grown diamonds, please stop in and talk to any of our trained sales associates or use the form on this page and we'll get right back to you. If it's easier, you can also call or text us at 603-749-3129.