Senior Bench Jeweler
Jewelry Creations, the Seacoast’s premier retail and repair jewelry store has a rare opening for a Senior Bench Jeweler/Goldsmith due to a retirement. The ideal candidate must be passionate about the trade and enjoy working in a team environment. The Senior Bench Jeweler will perform all requested and necessary tasks including sizing; stone setting; head replacement; retipping; soldering; jewelry customizations; and more.
- Perform all necessary repairs on jewelry as needed.
- Perform inspection and cleaning of jewelry as needed.
- Accurately assess and estimate jewelry repair costs.
- Consult with clients about repairs and/or custom design projects as needed.
- Ensure high-quality work that aligns with Jewelry Creations’ high standards.
- Perform work using laser welder (previous experience not required).
- Engrave jewelry using manual engraving machine.
- Conduct work in a manner that is consistent with safety protocols.
- Conduct work consistent with established policies and procedures.
- Clean, maintain and operate shop equipment and tools.
- Place orders for, and ensure appropriate accounting, consumption, and recovery of findings per company direction.
- Conduct oneself in a professional manner always.
- Maintain a clean, organized workspace.
- Pursue professional development, maintaining relevancy and consistently implementing best practices, new technology and efficiency.
- Mentor less experienced bench jewelers and staff.
- 7+ years bench experience
- Ability to work Tuesday – Saturday with expanded hours during the holiday season.
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to conduct appraisals preferred.
- Graduate Gemologist degree preferred.
- Enjoy being part of a friendly, family-oriented environment.
- Salary commensurate with experience
- 401K with corporate match
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Paid Vacation and Sick Time
If you're interested in joining our team, email a resume and cover letter to Doug Glennon at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 603-749-3129 if you have any questions.